Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Returned recently from the Liquid Love Celebration in Eden Springs, Arizona. This was 5 days of raw food, (3 days of all liquid raw soups and juices), soaking in hot springs, trance dancing, drumming, doing yoga, breathwork, and just generally having a really nice time. There were also lectures with renowned raw food author David Wolfe. David and Kerrie Dancing Butterfly from Journeys for the Soul also led a traditional Native American Sweat Lodge ceremony. 9 rounds in all were done ( I could only make it through one round, myself). Liquid Love was about cleansing, journeying, transformation, embodiment. I didn't always feel that comfortable with everything going on, but looking back I will treasure the experience for a lifetime.

It was hot there, with daily temperatures reaching over 100 degrees. Conditions on the land are rustic, and mostly undeveloped - the land is wild and full of life. Snakes, frogs, scorpions, jack rabbits, bats, birds of many types - these are just a small example of the wild life all around the land. Having said that, it was actually quite nice to be in a remote desert oasis with incredible hot pools sprinkled about, with 120 other courageous, adventurous souls who love the raw lifestyle. The leaders and facilitators were extraordinarily talented leaders in healing, music, raw foods, shamanic journeying, and dance. This was truly an all star lineup.

The yoga instructor, Stella Ida Fly was really exceptional. So was the raw chef, Melissa Mango.
David, Wolfe, best selling author has emerged as my new hero. Hearing him speak and meeting him personally while we chatted about solar power for his home in Ontario was a great experience. I also performed, at the closing circle, a really spirited rendition of Todd Rundgren's No World Order for the entire group of 120 people. That was well received, and a real high.

I lost more weight on the raw liquid diet and feel really good right now. I am finally getting my physique to the place where I want it to be, and though I haven't weighed myself, I think I"m close to my first target of 175 lbs. I was 190 last November. More importantly, I feel light, energetic, strong, and renewed. I met some great people and I may join them again for more celebrations. I am really enjoying this new lifestyle as I approach age 50, my goal is to feel better than ever!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Thanks for visiting my blog :) You have a nice one yourself here :) Keep visiting!

    ReplyDelete