Total Pageviews

Monday, January 28, 2013

DAY 5 of MY 100% Raw Challenge

And now day 5 begins of my 100% raw challenge.  I have been high raw before, but have never attempted to go 100% raw for any lengthy period of time.  It's actually pretty exciting, thinking about doing this for 100 days, which is something I've been playing with as a goal.

This morning's breakfast was a Very Green Juice consisting of Arugula, Chard, Spinach, Kale, Green Apple, Celery and Lemon.

The arugula has a pretty strong flavor, and I would venture to say that most folks would not like it in a green juice.  Probably not the most stellar tasting drink I've ever made.  But, I drank down about 25 oz of it, and it was pretty satisfying nonetheless.



                                          ARUGULA


I've discovered that Chard stems are quite juicy, so there's good bang for your juice buck there.  Spinach is always an old favorite in the juice, so I'll keep that one going as a staple.  According to Dr. Joel Fuhrman, who is a leading researcher on the nutritional density of a wide spectrum of foods, kale is one of the most nutritionally dense foods on the planet.  Kale has become an every day staple for us in both juices and salads.  Green apples are a great way to add sweetness to the  juice, and lemon is a must have for it's astringent and detoxifying properties.  I also had 4 or 5 freshly cracked walnuts after my drink for a bit of crunch and satiety.  And that was breakfast on Day 5 of my 100% raw challenge.  Let's see how far we can take this thing!


No comments:

Post a Comment