Total Pageviews

Friday, July 24, 2009

Dark Prayer

Sometimes I dream a prayer of darkness

I dream of a black hole of mysterious love

Fall deep in to that place

Where soul and shadow intersect

There are no boundaries there , just dark stillness

cradling all my sensibilities

redefining every notion of tranquility

I floated through that darkness

Pure potential was there with me

Color and light non existent on that plane

Nothingness, my able bodied partner, dove with me into

that silky pool.

It’s a womb before time and space

my essence lay down there, lightly breathing, basking

in night

cool air into my lungs, blackness gently rocking me

Mystery drapes over me like a comfortable blanket

Just a few weeks ago, Indian summer eves were warm and

bright,

but 3 weeks can be a lifetime

and any hint of luminance is absorbed by the void.

No need to power up solstice fires quite yet

This light vacuum I lay in is it’s own reward

Out of this will come anything I can dream of

And sweat and risk for.

If your face were to pass in front of my face, it’s so

dark I wouldn’t be able to see it.

I would only feel the heat of your flesh close to mine

You would come in close, remind me that to be

enveloped in darkness is one thing

But to be lonely or cold is another,

Because even the refreshing cold that rides shotgun

with darkness vitalizes and reminds me

that I am deeply alive,

even with my blackest emotions.

In these moments I know I’m not just a cog in the

Milky Way’s wheel.

But a lynchpin too. And, the void shows me how I am

A microcosm of this carbon chain moleculed dream that

surrounds me.

Thrust from a pitch black womb into this world,

stunned by light, only to

be returned to the source by the darkness of this

season.. Out of it the soul emerge, forged in the

bowels of such an empty space, that a trillion stars

could never illuminate it. The complete ineffable

darkness is my birthright, and yours too, from which

all things emerge yet are always bound to, the way a

single ray of sunlight reaches, all the way back to

It’s birth place.

Dream me a shadow prayer of long nights

In the morning, my life lines will take shape

Carved and honed by absolute nothingness

Inspired by a black hole of mysterious love

No comments:

Post a Comment