Total Pageviews

Monday, August 10, 2009

Today's Green Smoothie - Nourishing and Delicious

Spinach in flowerI

Raw, Fresh and Whole: Green Smoothie

I wanted to share today's smoothie with you all. So very delicious.

Put 2 cups of of pure spring water into a blender.
Add a large bunch of organic spinach (fresh, organic from farmer's market is good)
Liquify it.

Then add:
1 large, very ripe organic peach
4 or 5 plump organic strawberries
1 organic avocado
3 heaping tablespoons of sprouted flax powder
1 tsp of raw cacao powder
2 Medjool dates

Blend Well

I have to say, I really enjoyed this one.
The color was dark green, from the avo and spinach. The taste was divine. I could feel all of the nutrients flowing into my blood right away. It felt fantastic. I had 2 mason jars... one at home and one while driving to work. Delicious, delicious, delicious. And so healthy. And totally raw, of course.

I can't tell you what a treat these drinks are. They are so satisfying, nourishing and tasty. They digest so easily and so well. They give me tremendous mental energy for hours. I feel so great supporting my immune system and the farmers that grow the produce. It's so great to hit the Farmer's Market, meet the growers, and buy food that was on trees and in the ground on the previous day. It's truly an honor to support and to do business with these small business people.
I love the idea of paying them directly to grow my food rather than a faceless, nameless agribusiness who uses pesticides, herbicides and fungicides to mass produce food that doesn't even taste that good. Why not go to these markets regularly, buy the freshest food, blend it into the most delicious smoothies, salads and wraps, and go raw? It's rawkin'!

As you may know, from yesterday's blog, I recently took a fall off a ladder at work. My accident was tough, one of the toughest things I've gone through in the last 25 years. The level of pain and discomfort was off the charts! But I know one thing. Raw food has sped my healing. Raw, fresh, whole food has been my constant sidekick on the healing journey from this trauma. Thank you, Mother Earth, for the gift of your bounty. With your help, I'm able to give my cells the nourishment, the nutrition and the strength to rebuild, reduce the swelling and bring on the healing energy.

Exercise has been key, also. Saturday, I went to the gym for the first time in many weeks. I felt so good as I limped away from the gym. The ankle swelled from the exercise, but the next day the swelling was down and my mood was up. I got up and did some heavy yard work for a couple of hours, weeding, hoeing, scooping weeds into trash bags, hauling hoses around the yard, watering, etc. It felt good to be touching mother earth, digging into her. Gardening is physical exertion and it's a connection to the mama.

Today - back to work, and everything that goes with that. But I'm here, I'm kicking, and I'm happy to be working so hard for my own well being and healing.

We should always be looking forward to something, we should always be making plans for good things to do with loved ones in the future. When you plan a trip or an outing, you get to enjoy it three times. First, the anticipation. Second, the the actual event. And third, the memories.

Give yourself the emotional boost, the self confidence and the healing you need. Go raw, love yourself, move your body, dance, get embodied.

Love yourself. Take care, everyone!

Isaac Alfandary














Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment